Spark Ventures provides sustainable solutions that lift communities out of poverty and empowers future leaders.
Spark Ventures has lasting impact by directing human and financial resources to partners around the world to provide healthcare, education and jobs. By focusing our resources in areas of business, job creation and capacity building, we seek to have lasting and sustainable impact.
These efforts are anchored by our community of strategic donors who support this sustainable model with their donations of time, talent and treasure, and by our impact travel program that is life-changing and world-changing, fostering personal connections between Spark and the vulnerable communities Spark serves.
Spark Ventures’ mission is to provide sustainable solutions lifting communities out of poverty. Our work is driven by the following values:
- Collaborative Relationships: working with others who have common goals in order to make the greatest difference in the world
- Social Responsibility: advancing a society where people accept their responsibility to seek the good of others and to participate in the world as global citizens
- Mutual Accountability: pursuing integrity with all partners, associates and in all resource investments
- Deep Humility: believing there is something to learn from every person and practicing mutual respect and inclusion
- Human Dignity: considering every person and every child deserving of having their basic needs met and be free from oppression
Our vision is a future where all children have the opportunity and resources to achieve their potential.
Where We Work
Spark Ventures’ headquarters is in Chicago. Our social-impact partners are grassroots organizations serving children and their families in vulnerable communities around the world. To date, we have four partners in Zambia, Nicaragua, Mexico and Chicago. We work with these partners to create lasting change and ensure the most vulnerable individuals in their communities have access to a quality education, nutrition and healthcare. It’s a holistic approach to international development intended to address job creation, empowerment of new leaders and dependence on foreign aid.
Consider joining us by investing financially, attending an event, or traveling with us. We would also love to hear from you with any questions or comments. Please reach out to Kristin Schrepferman by e-mail (email@example.com) or by calling, 773-293-6710.